AccountantSeptember 27, 2022
Oil and Gas Revenue SpecialistNovember 17, 2022
Senior Accountant 8439
We are seeking a dynamic and self-driven Senior Accountant who can be responsible for performing complex and specialized accounting work required to maintain the general ledger. Working under the direction of the CFO, the Senior Accountant coordinates the daily activities to quickly and accurately record the revenues, expenditures, assets, and liabilities of the company.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll processing for entire organization using Paycom.
- Contribute to month-end and year-end close process including supporting analysis, preparation and booking of journal entries.
- Perform various Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Engage with all areas of the organization to improve, refine and automate accounting and financial reporting procedures.
- Work collaboratively on cash flow management reporting.
- Collaborate with other team members on the annual audit.
- Practice and use personal judgement to prepare, process and manage the entire Billing and A/R process.
- Track all financial reporting deadlines to ensure timely completion, analyze financial data, prepare accounting reports and present their results.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles and provide technical accounting support to financial management.
- Collaborate with the development and documentation of accounting standards and policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Analyze and maintain the chart of accounts.
- Reconcile inter-fund accounts and make corrections or adjustments.
- Run preliminary monthly Statement of Revenue and Expense reports for each fund and analyze budget variances for discrepancies.
- Respond to questions from Program Managers regarding fund reports.
- Run payroll reports from payroll system and review for accuracy.
- Upload/enter inter-fund Payroll entries into Accounting System.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Contribute to the development of Finance service improvements to all agency employees, funders, subcontractors, and sub-recipients.
- Collaborate to prepare schedules and compile documentation for annual independent audit and preparation of Form 990.
- Approve coding of prepared deposits.
- Post receipts of automated funds received from federal and state agencies in Accounting System