DevOps EngineerJuly 21, 2023
Accounts Receivable SpecialistJuly 24, 2023
9033 Job Description
Accountant is responsible for supporting the CFO (chief financial officers) and Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance Department. The accountant maintains and controls the general ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
- Provides accounting support by reviewing financial information and obtaining supplementary information to assist in monthly general ledger close and preparation of financial statements.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of selected balance sheet accounts.
- Calculate expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries.
- Aid and support to company personnel.
- Compile analysis of actuals to forecast data.
- Communicate with plant managers monthly to review financial information.
- Reconcile and review all employee expense reports.
- Assure timely collection on monies due to the corporation as needed.
- Prepare monthly presentation for CFO and Controller to review.
- Assist with accounts payable processing as needed.
- Prepare sales tax reports for tax consultants to review.
- Perform banking activities; update and analyze the cash forecast as needed.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required by the CFO or Controller.
KNOWLDEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products primarily in Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- +3 years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Experience with Accounts Receivable and/or Accounts Payable preferred
- Hands-on experience with Excel and financial reports
- Cost Accounting and Budget preparation a plus
- Experience with NetSuite a plus