HR Generalist/Employee RelationsMay 26, 2023
Financial Systems & Training ManagerJune 6, 2023
Tax & Compliance Manager 8934
We are assisting our client in the search for a strong Tax and Compliance Manager. Must be detail oriented, a self-starter, and have excellent organizational skills. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must. Must be strong in Excel and other Microsoft applications and be able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment, high growth environment.
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of the sales and use tax compliance function and other governmental tax reporting – including oversight or preparation of tax registrations, data processing & analysis, return preparation, review and approval of returns and account reconciliations while ensuring all deadlines are met for assigned entities.
- Develop the organization’s tax compliance program to ensure all internal practices adhere to applicable US federal, state, and local laws
- Maintain and reconcile all tax related general ledger accounts and oversee the preparation and recording of all required tax related journal entries and reconciliations
- Facilitate and coordinate with outside tax advisors the preparation, review and timely submission of all required company, and other income tax filings
- Identify and implement improvements through automation and process transformation.
- Plan for and develop an overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with the applicable stakeholders and outside tax advisors
- Resolve notices or other issues with governmental jurisdictions on a timely basis.
- In coordination with outside tax advisors, manage and facilitate IRS or other tax audits; preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor business and law changes for potential impacts on compliance
The Required Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, experience a plus.
- 3 years working with sales tax a plus
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel and accounting systems. (Microsoft F&O, a plus)
- Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate with other employees.