ControllerJuly 18, 2023
Salesforce SFDC AdministratorJuly 19, 2023
CONTRACT: Purchasing Manager 9025
Our client, located in Allen, is looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their team on a contract, possibly contract-to-hire, basis.
- Previous procurement / buying experience within the manufacturing industry is required.
- Medical manufacturing, electronics, or custom metal/machine purchasing experience is highly preferred.
- Experience using JD Edwards is highly preferred, but we will consider candidates with other large ERP experiences.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for leading a team of procurement professionals who execute business strategies by providing analytical, project management, and tactical executional support, and act as Ambassadors of Progress within the company. The ideal candidate will lead the procurement, sourcing and supplier management for direct and indirect purchasing, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop procurement strategies, analyze data concerning market condition, procurement & sourcing activities to mitigate risk, negotiate with suppliers, manage contracts and improve overall supplier management.
- Leading site procurement team and initiating and fostering relationships with site stakeholders, establishing and prioritizing activities for the team to achieve objectives and results.
- Develop sourcing, and procurement strategies to optimize annual spend; Monitor and analyze spend performance and spend data to forecast, assess market trends and develop procurement process and sourcing strategies to achieve cost reductions for commodities and categories. Ensure optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achieved, while ensuring quality and good customer service.
- Lead supplier selection, sourcing, and award business to optimize Supplier Portfolio Strategy based on demand and risk. Identifying potential suppliers and evaluating their capabilities, capacity, and reliability to meet organizational needs.
- Manage supplier contracts, conduct contract review and audit, negotiate, and renew contracts with suppliers to align with market trends, drive cost saving and improve commercial conditions.
- Optimize cash by extending supplier payment terms and/or negotiating term discounts and optimize the supply base through consolidation, where appropriate. Delivering year-over-year PPV savings.
- Develop and execute commodity negotiation strategies with suppliers, including specific targets for pricing, service, quality, intellectual property, tool ownership, etc.
- Lead strategic efforts, internally and externally, to improve supplier service and material availability
- Minimize impact of supplier shortages by proactively identifying and resolving potential material supply issues, timely communication, collaborating with Planning and Manufacturing for inventory build, and proper escalation.
- Maintain and monitor inventories to ensure levels are sufficient to meet both internal and external customer needs.
- Drive proactive procurement involvement in the Innovation planning processes with R&D.
- Serve as an escalation point for manufacturing and planning to secure on-time deliveries
- Utilize procurement tools including J.D. Edwards, ResportsNow, and Monday.com to interact with data, to extrapolate insights and assess trends, and to make recommendations for improvement. Responsible for the effective execution and accuracy of MRP and related system processes
- Develop and monitor performance of suppliers to KPIs, including First Pass Yield and On-Time/In-Full Delivery, and Overall Cost. Implement corrective actions as necessary to ensure adherence to quality standards and delivery timelines
- Follow all policies and procedures and exemplify core values.
- Nurture stakeholder and supplier relationships by serving as a business partner.
- Responsible for people leadership. Recruit, mentor, train and develop talent. Confronts and deals with people issues in a constructive and timely manner. Responsible for overall morale of team and promotes cohesive attitude. Execute against established staffing/resources plan.
- Represent Procurement on key activities that have an impact on the performance of the business.
- Provide insights and mapping of Supply Chain capabilities and demand to effectively manage risk.