Accounting ManagerJuly 18, 2023
Senior Tax AnalystJuly 18, 2023
Job Description 9017
The key objectives of the role are to ensure quality data submissions from assigned legal entities in IFRS and US GAAP, to work with the consolidation team to prepare the monthly and annual consolidated financial statements, and to lead the preparation of the US GAAP consolidated financial statements for the USA. Additional involvement in various aspects of the group’s month-end and annual reporting processes and various ad hoc reporting
- Review the monthly submission files from subsidiaries in SAP and support the local teams with questions on how to record complex transactions.
- Perform necessary checks regarding intercompany accounts, IFRS and US GAAP adjustments and reasonableness of submissions.
- Perform various consolidation tasks during month-end as part of the global accounting team.
- Responsible for the US GAAP guidelines and handling ad hoc requests
- Responsible for the preparation of US GAAP consolidated financial statements for USA.
- Support the US accounting team with the preparation of lender compliance reporting
- Support thought leadership in some IFRS technical and other accounting areas and prepare IFRS guidelines on these topics.
- Support the preparation of the IFRS group financial statements.
- Support the communication to subsidiary accounting teams to ensure a smooth close process.
- Support the coordination of the global audit.
- Work with the subsidiary accounting teams on process improvements.
- Support the implementation of Corporate Finance guidelines and accounting policies in agreement in alignment with policies and other requirements
- Generation of monthly reports and informed based on ad-hoc request and presentation of this information (e.g. to RCFO)
- Support various projects with technical accounting and data support.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Completion of accurate month-end and year-end closes by deadlines
- Completion of accurate audited financial statements by deadlines
- The subsidiary accounting teams are trained and provided with guidelines to complete month-end and year-end successfully.
- Implementation of appropriate standards and monthly processes for financial reporting and consolidation under US GAAP
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors in Accounting, required; Masters in Accounting preferred
- CPA or CA professional designation required
- At least 5 years’ experience in public and corporate accounting required
- 2 years global consolidation experience with a large multi-national organization, preferred
- Experience with US GAAP required; IFRS preferred
- Experience with SAP BCS or IBM Cognos preferred
- Mastering Complexity
- Fostering Talent
- Leading Change
- Driving Business
- Creating Spirit
- Strong analytical thinking
- Ability to work independently in special project