Assistant ControllerJuly 31, 2023
Accounts Payable SpecialistJuly 31, 2023
As a Data Engineering Director, you will play a pivotal role in managing our client’s intricate data ecosystem. You’ll have the responsibility of overseeing our data infrastructure, ranging from on-premise Microsoft SQL Server to Snowflake in AWS, as well as IBM iSeries Db2. This role is accountable for delivering tailored marketing data environments for each of our agency’s clients.
A detailed explanation of each responsibility is as follows:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and mentor a team of 5 data engineers and a team of data coordinators
- Oversee the administration of the company’s data lake, which uses API connectors to sync tens of millions of records of client data per day.
- Participate in new client onboarding by analyzing raw client data and working collaboratively across the department to document data system implementation requirements.
- Develop, implement, optimize, and support data pipelines in SSIS and Knime.
- Drastically increase number of overall pipelines without adding more engineering staff by increasing efficiency, standardizing technologies, centralizing error reporting, and unifying disparate pipeline packages into single pipeline packages.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, balancing their expectations with the capabilities of our data environments and capacity of the engineering team.
- Drive the maturation of our ETL pipelines’ code development lifecycle.
- Lead the transition into a new task/project management system, ensuring smooth operations.
- Work in collaboration with the product development department to shape the feature and functional needs of new data systems.
- Support CRM data implementations and the data integration needs of CRM customers.
EDUCATION, SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Extensive experience in data management and data engineering, working with various data models, RDBMSs, and ETL tools.
- Strong proficiency in SQL, with a deep understanding of query optimization, data modeling, and database design.
- Strong background in data transformation, with proficiency in Python and DBT preferred.
- Hands-on experience with data pipeline development in SSIS or Knime.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to quickly gain context, prioritize tasks, and manage urgent needs.
- Experience in managing a data-focused team and a keen ability to nurture their development.