Accounting ManagerJuly 13, 2023
Accounting ManagerJuly 14, 2023
Director of Accounting 9012
The Director, Corporate Accounting oversees and contributes to all month-end general ledger close, complex account analysis, review of account reconciliations, and general and specific project analysis, including very complex international and technical accounting. This role will manage the entire General Ledger, International Accounting, and Financial Reporting functions for the consolidated and individual results of the Evoque companies and ledgers, both in US GAAP and IFRS.
- Manage day-to-day general ledger accounting activities and projects, assuring timely and accurate reconciliation of all worldwide balance sheet accounts.
- Management of the Evoque DCS fixed asset process including worldwide controls, processes, accounting, and reporting for 13+ data centers, capex spending and cash flow projections
- Responsible for accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures for all balance sheets and income statement accounts for multi-entities (including preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and roll forward schedules)
- Responsibilities include but not limited to approving, posting journal entries, performing internal controls such as reviews and reconciliations, performing account and foreign currency (Fx) analysis, calculating multi-currency multi-entity transfer pricing entries, and creating all divisional GAAP financial reporting presentations.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial reporting & analysis package including:
- Preparation of monthly financial reports to support the business, (Consolidated and Company-specific Balance Sheets, Consolidated/Consolidating Income Statements, Cash Flow, SG&A Reports, Revenue service period analysis)
- Financial Report development and maintenance
- Ensure all finance reporting can be reconciled to the GAAP and IFRS actuals.
- Ensuring the chart of accounts and business hierarchies support business requirements.
- Analyzing month-end financial results, providing variance analysis, researching financial fluctuations/questions and ensuring transparency.
- Highly skilled in accrual base accounting method.
- Analyze financial data to identify discrepancies and collaborate with respective teams to resolve issues.
- Support the accounting and finance departments in enhancing the Company's existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities to automate general ledger impacting activities.
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for all general accounting functions.
- Prepare and/or review ‘Prepared by Client’ workpapers for audits (GAAP, IFRS, and Statutory).
- Perform SOX controls when applicable.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Have an “ownership” attitude and act pro-actively.
- Strong “team member” attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout Company organization.
- Ability to keep management informed on all aspects of the job.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment where you are managing competing priorities and are able to meet deadlines.
- A curious mind – the ability to look at data and ask questions when the data does not make sense.
- Familiarity working with, summarizing, and manipulating large data sets in MS Excel (pivot tables, filtering data, etc.).
- Advanced experience in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook)
- Previous NetSuite experience a plus.
- Experience in multi-entity operations and posting into several different companies.
- Experience and understanding of foreign currency transactions, payments, or translation activities.