Tax Associate/ManagerJune 26, 2023
Assistant ControllerJune 27, 2023
Our Fort Worth client is looking for a Tax Manager to manage all filing of all monthly excise and sales tax compliance returns, supervisingthe tax team and third-party tax consultant partners. .
- Responsible for reviewing, approving, and maintaining tax requirement setup in systems including initial customer setup, exemptions and other operating tax settings.
- Manage third-party compliance partner relationship by answering day to day business questions, accounting for related tax liabilities, maintaining tax records and other related tasks.
- Manage excise and sales tax compliance, planning and reporting activities, and timely filing of state and local licenses.
- Ensure federal, state, and local excise and sales tax returns are reported and paid in a timely manner and in compliance with regulations in 40 states.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to state/local regulations, including holds and maintains specific operations licenses in states and local jurisdictions we operate.
- Manage state and local compliance audits and provide timely responses.
- Provide excise tax guidance to sales, logistics and other internal stakeholders, to support commercial Operations in finding and implementing compliant and workable solutions.
- Respond to inquiries and audits from taxing jurisdictions.
- Work with corporate accounting to ensure complete and accurate reconciliation of tax accrual and prepaid accounts.
- Develop and deliver quality tax planning approaches with timely and responsive services and work products that meet and/or exceed expectations.
- Build technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and legislation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- 4+ yearsof experience in a professional services or tax services organization.
- 2+ years of managerial experience.
- Knowledge of federal excise tax, state fuels tax and state and local sales/use tax and other accounting concepts with experience in their application (i.e, oil & gas, energy).