Manager, Accounting – Capital ProjectsJuly 5, 2023
Plant AccountantJuly 7, 2023
Responsible for managing all aspects of the Accounting Payable process to ensure the company’s financial obligations are met in a n efficient and timely manner.
- Lead and train team of Accounts Payable Associates
- Maintain vendor database to ensure accuracy of information
- Code and process invoices ensuring proper general ledger account codes are used
- Prepare weekly check and ACH vendor payments for multiple entities
- Manage monthly closing of accounts payable and posting at month end
- Prepare vendor credit applications and establish vendor relationships
- Analyze and reconcile vendor invoices and statements
- Partner with third-party liaisons for outsourced functions such as utilities and waste
- Work closely with treasury department to monitor cash flow and prioritize payables
- Resolve issues relating to invoices and payments
- Prepare annual 1099 reporting and resolve issues
- Maintenance of internal controls applicable to the Accounts Payable process
- Standardize processes and procedures to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Assist with audit requests
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors highly preferred
- Minimum 7 years Accounts Payable experience with a minimum of 3 years managerial experience.
- Related AP Management experience in high volume company
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Great Plains Dynamics/eEnterprise and iPayables lnvoiceWorks experience a plus.
- Hospitality or property management experience a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good oral and written communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Planning and organizational ability
- Builds strong relationships and works well with a team (internal and external)