Various Audit & Tax Positions 7568February 8, 2022
As an Analyst, you will work on transactions that provide exposure to various client industries and investment banking services, including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity capital raises, refinancings, and leveraged buyouts. You will work with a talented, dedicated staff of professionals who will give you broad exposure to the many different issues and concerns affecting businesses today. You will research and analyze financial statements, general economic and industry-specific developments, acquisitions and divestitures, and various investment attributes of publicly traded and private companies.
The environment is collegial and entrepreneurial, and, as such, rewards Analysts with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals. Analysts are members of lean deal teams comprising at least one Managing Director, Vice President, Associate, and Analyst.
A B.A./B.S./B.B.A. in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Applied Economics is required, as is course work in accounting and finance. 1+ years of investment banking experience.
Hands-on M&A deal experience is a major plus. Strong financial and computer skills, as well as a fundamental understanding of valuation theory, methodologies, and applications, are recommended. Candidates must possess a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff, strong analytical abilities, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our client is looking to add talented financial professionals at the Associate level to our fast growing team. As a professional in the group, you will be teamed with a highly talented and dedicated group of M&A professionals, providing you broad exposure to different transactional issues affecting businesses within the M&A market today. They offer a unique opportunity to work in a variety of industries on an investment banking platform, providing exposure to the broader corporate finance industry and capital markets. You will develop and extend your financial and interpersonal skills as you perform M&A financial due diligence related to the purchase and sale of private and public companies.
- Participate in buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory engagements
- Must have the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Lead discussions with senior client executives and target management
- Execute and review diligence through fieldwork, management meetings and desktop review
- Review target company financial information and other data to identify:
- historical and projected financial and operating and commercial trends
- quality of earnings
- working capital and net debt considerations, and
- potential liabilities and risks which impact valuation and negotiation of the target company
- Develop operational insights utilizing data & analytics in order analyze the drivers of profitability and evaluate key risks and opportunities of a company
- Draft and review tailored transaction advisory reports specific to key issues such as normalized earnings, achievability of management’s budget, operational insights, indebtedness considerations, and post-transaction working capital analysis
- Develop and review financial models including database systems
- Extend industry skills and qualifications
- Develop professional network and relationships with firm, client and target professionals
- Oversee audit work paper review
- Review transaction agreements, customer and supplier contracts and develop valuation considerations
- Assist in initiating and extending group marketing, client penetration and other business development efforts
- Collaborate closely with corporate finance, valuation and financial restructuring colleagues
- Supervise team members (i.e., Analysts) through training, coaching and critical review
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 4 years of financial due diligence experience with a Big 4 firm (or a combination with audit experience, which must include at least 2 years of financial due diligence)
- CPA (or at minimum, must have passed all 4 parts of the CPA exam)
- Highly motivated with an exceptional work ethic, and a demonstrated ability and desire to work cooperatively with team members and client professionals
- Demonstrated professional achievement and client service excellence
- Demonstrated understanding and application of capital markets and valuation concepts
- Strong current knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including SEC reporting, purchase accounting and transaction related issues
- Strong analytical abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Tableau, Alteryx and data analytics packages preferred (but not required)
- Ability and desired willingness to travel