Senior Tax AnalystJuly 18, 2023
ControllerJuly 18, 2023
Our Irving client is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill a Technical Accounting & Policy Manager role in their Accounting Policy department.
- Support the accounting considerations related to various strategic transactions and analysisconducted by various operating functions within the Company including our Financial Planning & Analysis department and our Capital Markets group.
- Transaction analysis including strategic accounting such as securitizations, acquisitions andbusiness combinations, and working closely with corporate accounting colleagues and financial leaders
- Produce technical accounting research position papers for management across all layers of the company to support recommendations or suggest changes to current projects
- Interact and coordinate with external auditors to address technical issues under the direction of the Vice President and Director of Technical Accounting & Policy
- Interpret and implement new accounting standards under the direction of the Vice Presidentand Director of Technical Accounting & Policy
- Develop, challenge, and implement new corporate accounting policies/procedures under thedirection of the Vice President and Director of Technical Accounting & Policy
- Generation of ad hoc reports and decision briefs based upon technical accounting issuestranslatable to a broad audience
- Review and research financial reporting matters related to SEC reporting.
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Consumer Lending and Finance experience desired
- 5+ years of progressive experience in an accounting/accounting policy/financial policy department with SEC reporting functions preferred
- Public Accounting experience with a national or large regional firm
- Exceptional technical research and writing skills